Literacy / Further Education
Langwarrin Community Centre Inc. Incorporation Registration No.: A0027420f
GROWING - SKILLS PERMACULTURE - Level 2 (via ZOOM)
What is permaculture and how can we intergrate the ethics and principles of it to build and sustain a healthy and abundant vegetable garden? Suitable for those who have completed Level 1 Permaculture course with John Ballard (or equivalent experience).
A series of 8 Monday evening online classes to further the skills and knowledge required to design, manage and grow your own permaculture intergrated garden. A LOW cost course for the would be natural gardener to gain great skills for employment or further study.
Course brought to you by "Your Green Companion" teacher John Ballard
- Starts: Monday 31st August, 2020
- Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Cost: $50.00 for 8 sessions - Casual Cost $10.00 available for individual sessions. Annual administration fee $10.00
GROWING - SKILLS PERMACULTURE - Level 1
A series of 6 classes to give you the skills and knowledge required to design, manage and grow your own permaculture vegetable garden. A LOW cost course for the would-be-gardener to gain great skills for employment or further study. 6 sessions
- Starts: Saturday 15th Feburary, 2020
- Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Cost: $65.00 Concession $52.00 Casual Cost $20.00 available for individual sessions. Annual administration fee $10.00
(ACFE Funded) $20.00 tuition fee ($7.00 concession) + materials/amenities $45.00
GROWING - WINTER VEGGIES - WORKSHOP
As part of the Langwarrin Backyard Garden Growing Skills Program, this workshop will help you understand more about permaculture and how to go about growing your own winter vieggies.
Topics covered: garden bed types and location, soil mix and pH balance, selecting appropriate seeds/seedlings, direct or indirect planting, knowing the time to harvest, companion plants to compliment vegetables grown.
- Starts: Saturday 28th March, 2020
- Duration: 1 Session
- Time: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Annual administration fee $10.00 Cost $30.00
READING AND WRITING
This course is for people with an intellectual disability to assist them with reading & writing techniques.
- (ACFE funded) (GST exempt)
- Starts: Monday
- Duration: School Term
- Time: 11.30am – 2.30pm
- Cost: $86.00 (Concession $57.00) Annual cost $343.00 (Concession $227.00)
- Course fee $343.00 per year includes $198.00 materials & amenities.
- Concession $227.00 per year includes $198.00 materials & amenities
FIRST AID AWARENESS FOR BABIES
Gain the knowledge and skills to calmly and confidently respond to the most common first aid emergency situations involving babies.
CPR, allergies & anaphylaxis, choking, fits & fevers, poisoning
Would you know what to do?
Starts: TBA please enquire 9789 7653
Cost : $45.00