Literacy / Further Education
Langwarrin Community Centre Inc. Incorporation Registration No.: A0027420f
GROWING - SKILLS PERMACULTURE LEVEL 2/ HORTICULTURE
A series of 6 Saturday classes to further the skills and knowledge required to design, manage and grow our own permaculture vegetable garden. A LOW cost course for the would-be-gardener to gain great skills for employment or further study. Suitable for those who have completed Level 1 Permaculture course with John Ballard or have equivalent knowledge. Build on your skills and gain more in depth knowledge.(ACFE funded) (GST exempt)
Starts: Saturday 4th May to 8th June, 2019
Duration: 6 Sessions
Time: 9.00am – 12.00pm
Cost: $65.00 (Concession $52.00)
Option to pay $20.00 per individual class!
Annual administration fee $10.00Cost
Consists of (Course fee $20.00 and $25.00 materials & $20.00amenities.)
Concession (Course fee $ 7.00 and $$25.00 materials & $20.00amenitie.)
Growing Skills-Permaculture Information Sheet
READING AND WRITING
This course is for people with an intellectual disability to assist them with reading & writing techniques.
- (ACFE funded) (GST exempt)
- Starts: Monday
- Duration: School Term
- Time: 11.30am – 2.30pm
- Cost: $86.00 (Concession $57.00) Annual cost $343.00 (Concession $227.00)
- Course fee $343.00 per year includes $198.00 materials & amenities.
- Concession $227.00 per year includes $198.00 materials & amenities
Workshop in Mushroom Growing. Learn about the seasons for foraging, organic propagation and cultivation of mushrooms. Costs include a take home start-up kit and shiitake log.
FIRST AID AWARENESS FOR BABIES
Gain the knowledge and skills to calmly and confidently respond to the most common first aid emergency situations involving babies.
CPR, allergies & anaphylaxis, choking, fits & fevers, poisoning
Would you know what to do?
Starts: TBA please enquire 9789 7653
Cost : $45.00
LEARN COMPUTERS & IMPROVE ENGLISH
This course is designed for people learning English as an Additional Language (EAL). This course will help students learn computer skills, improve English skills, improve confidence and prepare for further English education and/or future employment.
Develop skills to: practice short, simple conversations, listen to and give information and instructions, read and write short simple messages, information and instructions
* Read and complete short forms.
* Learn to use a computer
* Explore online community resources
* Access the internet and email to develop language skills
* Pproduce simple word processed documents
* Develop language and presentation skills by creating slideshows
- Starts: Tuesday 7th May to 17th September, 2019
- Duration: 18 weeks
- Time: 12.30pm – 3.00pm (no classes during the school holidays, 2nd & 9th July)
- Cost: $73.00 (Concession $65.00)
Cost Consists of (Course fee $10.00 and $63.00 materials & amenities.)
Concession (Course fee $ 2.00 and $63.00 materials & amenities.)