Exercise Health Wellbeing
Langwarrin Community Centre Inc. Incorporation Registration No.: A0027420f
Kid's Kung Fu & Adult Kickboxing
An interesting mixture of Boxing, Grappling, Kickboxing, Wing Chun and Self Defence. An exciting activity which provides an opportunity to develop and improve strength, co-ordination, balance, self discipline and self esteem. Classes for adults, adolescents and children.
Ring Cameron for more info on 0419 119 613.
- Starts: Monday & Thursday - (Weekly during school term)
- Duration: Ongoing
- Time: 6.00pm - 8.30pm
NATURAL HEALING AND SUPPORT
Meditation, healing, support and discussion group
Focus: Natural healing, meditation, complementary healing arts, support, promoting inner peace, and well being.
- Starts: Saturday - Weekly
- Duration: Ongoing weekly
- Time: 10.30am - 2.30pm
- Cost: $5.00
Contact: Valerie for further details - 0410 525 518
Strength and balance program using resistance & weights, designed for older people. In partnership with Peninsula Health. An assessment by a Physiotherapist is required. "Strength is for Life". Attend one or two sessions per week during school term.
Who will benefit? Older people who do not exercise due to low confidence, fears of falls or chronic health problems.
Langwarrin Community Centre is part of the Agestrong Network, a group of local health professionals and leaders working together to increase safe and suitable strength and balance programs for older people in the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula region. Contact 9789 7653 for eligibility details.
- Tuesday 9.30 am - 10.30 am (advanced) OR
- Tuesday 10.45 am - 11.45 am (entry level)
- Thursday 9.30 am - 10.30 am (advanced) OR
- Thursday 10.45 am - 11.45 am (advanced)
(no sessions on Public Holidays or School Holidays)
Cost: $6.00 per person
CRISIS PHONE CONTACT
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Suicide Line 1300 651 251
- Kids Help Line 1800 551 800
- Mensline 1800 789 978
- Peninsula Mental Health Services Triage (24 hours) 1300 792 977
- ATAPS Crisis Support Services 1800 859 585