About Langwarrin Community Centre
Langwarrin Community Centre Inc. Incorporation Registration No.: A0027420f
Early in May 1982, what was the old school house at 13 Warrandyte Road, became the new Langwarrin Living & Learning Centre Inc.The Progress Association had worked hard at establishing this Centre, which was intended to be a place for community activities, for meetings, for classes, for clubs, for organising a base for Langwarrin people. Its first Coordinator was Mrs. June Creed.
Since those early days the Centre has grown and in 1993 took up new residence on the corner of Lang Road and Warrandyte Road (picture above) and is still growing and going strong, responding to the needs of the community. In November 2007 the members of the association voted to change the Centre’s name to “Langwarrin Community Centre Inc.”
Langwarrin Community Centre has a vision to be a vibrant, flexible, caring and welcoming focal point for the community, with strong and collaborative relationships with community members and other agencies.
The Langwarrin Community Centre mission is to support the development of the community and to provide opportunities for learning, playing, growing and connecting in a caring and nurturing environment.
Langwarrin Community Centre values lifelong learning and community participation and in all its dealings it will be professional, respectful, caring, ethical and equitable.
The purpose of the Langwarrin Community Centre is to:
- Be a hub for community activities
- Provide educational, recreational and support groups for all ages
- Provide nurturing and caring children's activities, early learning and childcare to help the children develop and grow
- Network with other community agencies to develop the community and strengthen capacity
- Facilitate community conversations and community actions about what matters to Langwarrin
We gratefully acknowledge the financial assistance & support from:
- Adult Community & Further Education
- Department of Education & Early Childhood Development
- Department of Family, Community Services & Indigenous Affairs
- Frankston City Council
- Department for Planning & Community Development
9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday Contact Details
ABN 93 342 036 070