Langwarrin Community Centre Inc. Incorporation Registration No.: A0027420f
NEW CHILD CARE SUBSIDY (CCS)
Hi everyone, as many of you will know the new Child Care Package started on the 2nd of July, 2018 and the previous Child Care Rebate and Child Care Benefit has been replaced by a single Child Care Subsidy (CCS).
The new subsidy will be paid directly to child care providers and parents will only be required to pay the difference. Please click on the links below to find out more about the three key factors that will be used to determine how much Child Care Subsidy families may receive:
depending on whether you use centre-based care, family day care or outside school hours care.
If you have not already done so, please action the following now: All of these steps
1) Create a MyGov account
2) In your MyGov account, link to Centrelink
3) In your Centrlink account – Complete your new assessment for the new child care subsidy
4) Confirm your child's Enrolment at our Service/s - This is the final step and until it's done your CCS entitlements will NOT flow through
to our CCS software and you will not receive reduced fees.
***Let us know if you are having trouble finding this step in Centrelink - After you log in to Cenrelink via MyGov, it's usally found if you:
Go to: Menu > Child Care Subsidy > Enrolments > Not Confirmed/Confirmed.
Select the service or services that apply, Agree/Confirm and Submit.
CHILD CARE SUBSIDY (CCS) '8 WEEK RULE' -
RECEIVING THE SUBSIDY WHEN YOUR CHILD IS ABSENT ON A BOOKED DAY OF CARE
- An Enrolment for Subsidy purposes means 'An enrolment online in Centrelink' that the parent is required to confirm for a particular childcare service to enable child care subsidy to be applied for sessions of care that reduce the parent's contribution . (Not to be confused with the Child Care Service's own online enrolment form.)
* Child Care Subsidy is not payable for absences submitted before a child has physically attended at a service, or after a child’s final physical day of attendance at a service.
* An enrolment is taken to have ceased for Child Care Subsidy purposes if the child does not attend a session of care for eight continuous weeks.
What does the above mean to families?
Please be aware that booked sessions of care are charged whether your child attends or not - Absences incur the full fee if Child Care Cubsidy is withdrawn/retrieved or not paid by Centrelink for a session of care.
Families may have the childcare subsidy retrieved by Centrelink if any of the following occur:
* Absent on a First physical day of care -
> This can occur if absent on the actual 'first day' booked at the service
or > Or any subsequent 'first day', when recommencing care after Centrelink have ceased the online enrolment due to non attendance
(8 week rule)
* Absence on a Last physical day of care -
> This can occur if absent on the 'last day' booked at the service where the child will not be returning
or > Or any subsequent 'Last day'prior to Centrelink ceasing the online enrolment due to non attendance (8 week rule)
CASUAL CARE AND SCHOOL HOLIDAY PROGRAM ONLY FAMILIES who do not use routine/regular care OR Families who use St Jude's After school care only during the school term, are at risk of being affected by the 8 week rule because it is 'Service/Site specific. Regular care used at St Jude's will not provide continuity of your 'online subsidy enrolment' for care provided at the Community Centre.
*** Please check that your online subsidy enrolment has not been 'Ceased' by logging into your Centrelink account and checking your child care subsidy enrolment status, prior to booking casual care after a break.